Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I've Got A Dream


A lot of things in life fascinate me, but none other than dreams. Why do we have dreams? Is there any meaning behind the dreams we have? What happens if you die and don't wake up? I mean haven't you thought about these questions before, or am i just weird like that? Scientists define a dream as an image that passes through our mind as we sleep. 
Broken Dreams
When I was younger i had dreams all the time, and I would love to tell them to my mom and dad. I had some of the craziest dreams that involved me being out in the middle of the sea with a pirate and a flying monkey. As i grew older I became more interested in my brothers dreams and my best friends dreams, as i really didn't dream anymore. I wished that i still dreamed because I enjoyed the excitement and fantasy of my dreams. I've learned that a lot of people live without dreams. I will often go months without dreaming now, or even being able to remember the slightest thing that happened in my dream the night before. 

There are dreams that are much more important than those in our sleep. They are the dreams that drive us and push us to become a better person, to become a doctor, lawyer, teacher, etc. These dreams help us reach beyond ourselves to live for something more. My dreams at night my be foggy and may be lost in the space time continuum but I have not lost sight of the dreams that i have during the day. I have many dreams for God's Church, myself in the future, etc. But dreams don't amount to much unless they are acted upon. 

Never let someone tell you that you aren't good enough to do something, follow your dreams.....I did and I'm almost there....Let's get to work

Austin 

No comments:

Post a Comment