Very seldom do I actually write some of my best stuff sitting at a computer. Well, I mean of course I write it at the computer but usually the ideas come while I am playing basketball or cleaning the house. Then I rush around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to find a scrap piece of paper and a pen to write that idea down.
Because I've played sports all my life, I will be outside shooting hoops for 3 or 4 hours at a time. It’s during these times that my book often comes together. A new chapter or a new thought will come to me as I'm attempting my next free throw or jump shot. If you’re stuck with your book, homework, project, music assignment, etc. Don’t hesitate to get up and clean the house. Just make sure you are still able to continue thinking. You’re still writing and thinking even though it looks like you’re taking a break or doing something else. Stay in the writing and thinking project but get your body moving to create new ideas.
On a normal day, I'll shoot a basketball for up to 3 and a half hours and every time I step away I get a new idea and write it down. Who says writing isn’t physical?
No comments:
Post a Comment