Write: I am able to express who I am and how I feel every day and share that with other people and hopefully touch their lives.
Laugh: Spending time with people who make the world a better place. Movies that make you laugh till you cry. Music that just brings back beautiful moments of laughter and happiness.
Somedays I wake up in a mood where I say "If I didn't have to do school today, today would be better." there are alwasy going to be those "If only" moments in life. Let me paint a picture for you. A dad is walking through the mall with his 3 year old son and sees the latest adn newest toy. The Kid cries out "I want one!" the dad tells him no. The Kid cries out again "but i need it!". the dad still replies no. finally the kid resorts to the oh so famous saying "But I thought you loved me!" as he is on the ground crying and weeping now. The dad picks him up and carries him outside to the car. 2 days later they drive to the sports store where he takes his kid in and walks briskly to the kickball aisle. He looks at his faithful young son and says "pick one." The son picks the orange kick ball and parades around the store.
Aren't we like that in our walk with God. We ask God for things and say "God if you could only give me this today, then i'd be happy." A lot of things in life and most of the things don't happen on a dime. There is a plausible reason as to why he has not given us our request. Maybe we're not ready to have that yet, or we don't really need it. Most things come with patience. but like the boy in the story the grass is always greener on the other side. If we wait and listen to God's word, he will come through and give us something greater and better than the "Thing" we were asking for earlier. Right now God has given me the ability to write and enjoy the laughter in myself and others.So I'm going to sit back and cherish every moment that i can. What has god given you?
With Love,
Austin

No comments:
Post a Comment